I was trying to wrap my head around presenting all the facts about how to get a waiver for flight over people but a hat tip is due to attorney Jon Rupprecht for his definitive work Ultimate Guide to Over People Waivers & Section 107.39.
Honestly, he does a great job of accurately dealing with all the nuances and realities of flying a drone over people in 2021.
Table of Contents of Article
- 1 Brief Background on the Over People Waivers
- 2 2020 Over People Operations Regulations
- 3 What Are Direct Participants Under 107.39(a)?
- 4 Can I Fly A Drone Over a Road?
- 5 Part 107.19(c) (The Rarely Understood Regulation & Brother of 107.39)
- 6 Issues Surrounding Over People Operations
- 7 What Aircraft Have Been Approved to Fly Over People?
- 8 FAA Created Part 107.39 Waiver Application Example
- 9 Advisory Circular 107-2A Discussing Over People
You can listen to my podcast with Jon Rupprecht below.